The latest AshokaTECH podcast was released today, featuring an interview with The Lemelson Foundation's Executive Director, Julia Novy-Hildesley.
The podcast showcases Julia's thoughts on the "innovation engine" model for generating the next generation of great innovators and inventors for social change; the future of technology and social entrepreneurship; and the nature of our partnership with Ashoka, culminating in the Tech4Society event this week in Hyderabad, India.
Previous AshokaTECH podcasts have featured:
- Elizabeth Hausler – founder of Build Change, an expert on sustainable building practices to prevent earthquake damage.
- Howard Weinsten – who's Solar Ear project in Botswana and Brazil pairs a low-cost hearing aid solution with a solar charger.
- Mathias and Guillaume Craig – founders of BlueEnergy, provider of specially designed hybrid wind/solar energy systems in Nicaragua.
- Bright Simons – coordinator of MPedigree.net, which is using mobile technology to eliminate the proliferation of fake pharmaceuticals in West Africa.
- David Green – who's work focuses on health care delivery to the developing world, enabling developing countries to produce, distribute, and service high-quality, affordable health care products.
- Jack Sim – founder of the World Toilet Organization, which mobilized a multinational coalition around sanitation issues, including the annual "World Toilet Day."
Listen to the AshokaTECH podcasts or subscribe to the podcast. To find out more about Tech4Society and how you can follow along with the event online read more here. To learn more about the "Innovation Engine" model, read Julia's recent article in Innovations.
Founded in 1980, Ashoka is the world’s working community of more than 2,000 leading social entrepreneurs. It champions the most important new social change ideas and supports the entrepreneurs behind them by helping them get started, grow, succeed, and collaborate. As Ashoka expands its capacity to integrate and connect social and business entrepreneurs around the world, it builds an entrepreneurial infrastructure comprised of a series of global initiatives that support the fast-growing needs of the citizen sector. Ashoka’s vision is to create change today, for an Everyone A Changemaker™ society to become the reality of tomorrow. For more information visit: http://www.ashoka.org
About the Ashoka-Lemelson Partnership
Ashoka and the Lemelson Foundation believe that invention and social entrepreneurship can align in powerful ways to improve the world and enable people to be changemakers and problem-solvers. Our partnership, which began in 2006, aims to find, support, and celebrate social innovators whose technologies offer fresh, effective approaches to advancing social change, through the selection of a cohort of over 100 inventor-entrepreneurs. For more information about the Ashoka-Lemelson partnership visit: http://www.ashoka.org/lemelson