Julia Novy-Hildesley, executive director of the Lemelson Foundation, will be the discussion facilitator for one of the Innovation break-out sessions at today's Clinton Global Initiative.
The session, entitled Becoming Embedded: Co-Creating Business with the Community will discuss how smart companies are trying to rethink global strategies and one-size-fits-all solutions on a communicty level, discussing the challenges and opportunities for businesses seeking to become more locally embedded.
Scheduled to participate in the discussion:
- Muhammad Yunus, Founder and Managing Director, Grameen Bank
- Gordon A. Enk, Vice President of Strategy and Co-Founder Enterprise for a Sustainable World
- Paul Polak, Founder, IDE , D-Rev, and Windhorse International
- Simona Rocchi, Director, Sustainable Design, Philips
- Erik Nikolajs Simanis, Senior Researcher, Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise, Johnson School of Management, Cornell University
- Doug Solomon, Chief Technology Officer, IDEO
The discussion will be from 2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST). Public can watch the CGI sessions on their live webcast.
For a complete description of the day's events, visit: Day 2: Wed, Sept. 23 schedule