Now that the first day of Tech4Society is over, it's a good chance to take a look at some of the news stories and blog posts coming out of Hyderabad today and the days leading up to the event:
- Yourstory.in: Special Edition of "Innovations" for Tech4Society – Previews the special edition of Innovations journal written for Tech4Society.
- Ciol.com: Free mobile game on health challenges recognized – Features Ashoka-Lemelson Fellow Hilmi Quraishi, a pioneer in developing games in India for mobile devices that are both educational and entertaining.
- GOOD.is blog: Dispatch from India: Calling All Changemakers – The Lemelson Foundation's Executive Director, Julia Novy-Hildesley, shares her thoughts and hopes for the event.
- LiveMint.com: Redesigned rickshaws, mobiles for health – Profiles Tech4Society with information about Ashoka-Lemelson Fellows Pradip Sharmah and Hilmi Quraishi.
- Wall Street Journal online: Snapshots on Startups – Notes from day one of Tech4Society.
- AshokaTECH blog: Welcome Address: Why Don't Some Innovations Meet Their Potential? – Features notes about the Tech4Society welcome address, written by Ashoka's "Blog Your Way to Hyderabad" competition winner Elliot Harmon.
- Wall Street Journal online: “Affordable Prices” is The Way to Get to The Bottom of the Pyramid: Tech4Society – More from WSJ online, featuring Ashoka-Lemelson Fellow David Green.
- AshokaTECH blog: Intellectual Property: Saving the World and Saving Your Ideas – Another post by Elliot Harmon, covering the Intellectual Property panel, featuring Richard Jefferson of Cambia, John Wilbanks of Science Commons, Phil Weilerstein of the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance, and Dave Robinson.
For more information about Tech4Society, and to follow along online, visit the AshokaTECH website as well as on Twitter, the hashtag #Tech4Soc. A complete list of online destinations for Tech4Society video, photos and news is available here.