The Lemelson Foundation is currently seeking proposals from vendors who can provide an ongoing partnership through consultation to guide the organization through its Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ) Action Plan.
The scope of work includes managing our DEIJ Action Plan, which encompasses developing a methodology to evaluate our progress and a systemic way to update and refine the plan.
The plan’s strategic goals include:
- Decolonizing our Funding
- Streamline our grantmaking process to increase accessibility by simplifying our guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Diversify our network by integrating DEIJ into our strategy and operations and holding ourselves accountable to DEIJ values.
- Recruiting & Retaining Diverse Talent
- Increase staff diversity by actively employing a DEIJ lens to its hiring practices.
- Cultivate a culture of inclusion that promotes equity and belonging.
- Strengthening Engagement
- Increase staff awareness and build internal capacity regarding personal, institutional, and systemic bias.
- Actively include and elevate BIPOC and female voices.
All documents in response to the RFP must be submitted to the DEI subcommittee at info@Lemelson.org by 5:00 PDT Friday, June 16.
Project work will begin Monday, August 7, with a completion date for the current phase of the Action Plan by June 30, 2024.
Please see the full RFP here for additional information, including selection criteria for evaluating candidates and instructions for submission of proposals.